Dear Valued Clients,
As the COVID-19 situation
evolves, we are making some changes to the way we operate with the aim of
delivering the best possible care to our patients and clients whilst also
ensuring the safety and welfare of our staff and the well-being of our
community. Our opening hours for specialists remain the same and our
emergency department is still open weeknights and weekends. We are focusing on maintaining as much normality as possible
whilst minimising the risk of transmission of any illness. These protocols may
evolve over time, but we will begin by doing the following:
- Changes to the way we perform consultations: In order to minimise the risk of transmission, please remain in the carpark and phone our reception on 9204 0400 when you arrive. Our staff will then collect your pet from the carpark and the consultations will be performed over the phone with the veterinarians. Please only enter the reception area in an emergency situation and remain seated in the waiting room, keeping a distance of at least 1.5metres away from other people.
- Frequent cleaning of commonly used areas and consultation rooms: We will reduce potential environmental contamination by cleaning with agents effective against coronavirus, particularly COVID-19.
- Avoiding close contact with other people: The health department has recommended social distancing of at least 1.5metres. Please avoid physical contact and hand shaking. Please use the hand sanitisers located in the clinic when you arrive and when you leave.
- If you have to pre-order medications and other items, please call ahead to arrange this. When you arrive at the clinic, please call and we can bring them out to you. Wherever possible, please pay for these items ahead of time over the phone.
- We ask that only ONE family member brings your pet to our hospital: COVID-19 has reached a stage where community transmission is occurring, and the source of transmission is not always evident. We seek your cooperation to take care of us so that we can take care of your beloved pets. We are more than happy to have other family members join us by consultation performed over the phone.
- Changes to our payment protocols: Please be aware that we are no longer accepting cash payments of accounts. We encourage card payments.
- Changes to our visiting protocols: For the time being, we are not allowing families to visit pets in hospitals, but we are more than happy to send photos of your animals to you. Exceptions will be made for end-of-life decisions, provided the people attending are feeling well and have not had known contact with someone with COVID-19 or have travelled overseas recently.
If your pet needs veterinary attention and
- You have been diagnosed with COVID-19 infection
- You have been overseas or interstate within the last 14 days
- You are unwell
- You have been asked to self-quarantine or isolate for any reason
Please phone us for advice and we can make a plan.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING and COOPERATION as we strive to keep everyone in our community healthy so we can continue to provide the best possible care to the pets which have such a special role in our lives.