BSc BVMS FANZCVS. Registered Specialist in Veterinary Oncology
Ken graduated from Murdoch University in 1990 and after a few years in Perth general practice gained Membership to the Australian and New Zealand College of Veterinary Scientists by examination in 1995. Following a residency at Murdoch, with an externship at Massey University in New Zealand and further experience in the US, Ken successfully gained Fellowship to the College in 2000 and was recognized as a Specialist in Veterinary Oncology shortly thereafter. He ran the Oncology unit at Murdoch University before moving to Perth Veterinary Specialists in 2008.
In addition to caring for his regular patients, he is actively involved in cancer immunotherapy research with both Curtin University and the Perth Children’s Hospital/Telethon Kids Institute.
Active within the national Oncology Chapter of the Australian and New Zealand College of Veterinary Scientists since its inception, he was Head Subject Examiner in 2020.
PUBLICATIONS: ORIGINAL RESEARCH
- Stephen Francis Proksch, Clinton Petrus Matthysen, John E Jardine, Ken Mark Wyatt, Jessica Renee Finlay, Delia Jane Nelson Veterinary and Comparative Oncology, 2022 Mar 21. doi: 10.1111/vco.12813. Online ahead of print.
- Furosemide for prevention of cyclophosphamide-associated sterile haemorrhagic cystitis in dogs receiving metronomic low-dose oral cyclophosphamide.
Setyo L, Ma M, Bunn T, Wyatt K, Wang P. Vet Comp Oncol. 2017 Dec;15(4):1468-1478
- Paraneoplastic hypercalcemia in a dog with thyroid carcinoma.
Lane AE, Wyatt KM. Can Vet J. 2012 Oct;53(10):1101-4.
- Use of recombinant human granulocyte colony-stimulating factor prior to autologous bone marrow transplantation in dogs with lymphoma.
Lane AE, Chan MJ, Wyatt KM. Am J Vet Res. 2012 Jun;73(6):894-9
- Toxicity and efficacy of a novel doxorubicin and carboplatin chemotherapy protocol for the treatment of canine appendicular osteosarcoma following limb amputation.
Lane A, Black M, Wyatt K. Aust Vet J. 2012 Mar;90(3):69-74.
- Vinblastine and prednisolone as adjunctive therapy for canine cutaneous mast cell tumors.
Davies DR, Wyatt KM, Jardine JE, Robertson ID, Irwin PJ. J Am Anim Hosp Assoc. 2004 Mar-Apr;40(2):124-30
- Evaluation of a manual technique for detection of neutropenia and thrombocytopenia in dogs receiving chemotherapy.
Wyatt KM, Wyatt GL.J Am Vet Med Assoc. 2002 Jun 15;220(12):1805-6.
- Laryngeal rhabdomyoma in a dog.
O’Hara AJ, McConnell M, Wyatt K, Huxtable C. Aust Vet J. 2001 Dec;79(12):817-21
- Skin tumours in a goose
Jaensche S, Wyatt KM et al, 2002, Aust Vet J, 80; 277-280
- Pancreatic pseudocyst causing extrahepatic biliary obstruction in a dog.
Marchevsky AM, Yovich JC, Wyatt KM.Aust Vet J. 2000 Feb;78(2):99-101
- An enterovesical foreign body in a dog.
Wyatt KM, Marchevsky AM, Kelly A.Aust Vet J. 1999 Jan;77(1):27-9
- Measurement of creatine kinase MB in canine cardiac patients.
Wyatt KM, Labuc R, Wyatt GL.Aust Vet J. 1998 Dec;76(12):826
- Canine lymphosarcoma – a West Australian Perspective
Wyatt KM & Robertson ID, 1998, Aust Vet Practit, 28(2): 63-66.